Sunday, March 2, 2008

Written Words

I learned the hard way the impact of words.
In a problem that has arose I lost my informant, he was insulted by the way he was portrayed in the blog. From this I knew I needed to go back to my blogs, reread and analyze the words I chose. My blogs came across as insensitive in parts, which was never my intention. The tone of my writings are very sarcastic which could lead a reader to interrupt them wrong. I was very sad at the thought that something I wrote would upset another person. I am taking the repercussion of my words along with the comments as constructive criticism to be a more conscious writer. I need to prepare and get organized so I can continue this project.

2 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

I read over your last post. I don't think you were harsh but I can see why he got upset. Don't beat yourself up over it though

Professor Rubenstein said...

Hmm...it didn't seem that bad--but sensitivities must beb taken into account--especially with adolescents!!

What has happened since?